Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Leona Helmsley's Hostility

It's one thing to solidify your reputation as a bitch in life, but Leona Helmsley's will ensures a legacy of hostility. 12 million dollars to the "drop-kick" dog while discarding two of your grandchildren seems pretty angry to me. I don't know the details, but the perception will be forever.
The two grandchildren who did receive money are required to visit the grave of their father, or they get zilch. How awkward will that once-a-year event be? A witness/executor standing in a cemetery with two people, and then they get a check.
I only wish I could be one of the receiving grandchildren. I would go to the cemetery, take the money, and give half to the others who were left out.
Epitaph? Leona Helmsley - Angry.
Read the story. Then take a shower.